Friday, February 6, 2009

Fresh Start

As is evident by the length between my last post and this, I fell off the Gratitude wagon. A series of events, including a ruined furnace and subfreezing temps, a fallen ceiling beam, and not a single job prospect for either of us, have conspired to rob us of our joy.

Just as God's mercies are new every morning, so is hope. While I know that I should have chosen hope in midst of my circumstance, I am grateful that He allows me to choose it again now, on this bright crisp day when anything seems possible.

Hurby has a job prospect, short-term but still a job. I will figure our taxes this weekend and then move on to a few creative projects I've been mulling over for some time. Buddy is enjoying school for the first time in a long while. We are healthy and we are together. Life is good.

No comments: